Here’s some tidbits on the latest tall guy happenings we’ve seen this first week of the new year:
1. Oh joy. Sahq has become an NBA analyst. I’ll admit I’m a little slow to watch much more than a few of the games on Christmas day, but after seeing this promo on TBS last night I might have got the gentle nudge to get my NBA hat on. I couldn’t resist watching all of his promos for the debut and making the big transition. He might be the funniest tall guy in the biz. I also love how Shaq makes Barkley look tiny.
What more? Here’s one of him doing a little song and dance number. Click to watch.
3. What ever happened to Kwame? Remember when Kwame Brown was drafted as the first superstar to go direct to the bigs from high school? This piece on ESPN by Jay Caspian Kang is an interesting read about when players don’t live up to their legacies.
4. Funny things from Conan this week – I did not know that Gary Oldham was not Old like his character Tailor Tinker Soldier Spy. Pathetic I know. But check out this clip. He might be short but what a set of pipes.
5. Conan joined Chris Isaak last night in a stirring rendition of Ring of Fire. Stirring you ask? Okay that’s embellishing but the tall red-headed Johnny Cash wannabe was playing the guitar pretty fierce. By the way – maybe the tallest country duo happening with Chris Isaak at 6 1/2″ and Conan at 6’4″.
6. A new record for the largest sushi-grade bluefin tuna was set this week in Japan. The friendly fish fetched $763,000 and weighed 593lbs. One tall fish – in some instances this fish is the weight of three tall & fit guys. Appreciate the fanfare and tradition but I wouldn’t want to eat it BBC